Global innovation: ProMinent enables online measurement of the Chlorite concentration in water. Chlorite can be generated as a by-product to water treatment with Chlorine dioxide. In many countries it is subject to monitoring duty e.g. in municipal water works.
For this reason, Chlorite must be analysed as a matter of routine. As determination methods so far, only laboratory methods such as ion chromatography have been considered. Beside high investment and operation costs, these methods are very supervision intensive, time intensive due to the necessary sample handling and require a high education level of the operators. The biggest advantage, however, is that the determination value is only available hours or even days after sample taking and that thus reactive measures for process optimisation are not possible at all or only possible with delay. Therefore, we offer the world-wide first online measuring station for Chlorite.
- Drinking water generation using Chlorine dioxide
- Disinfection with Chlorine dioxide in food and beverage industries
Our program offers the following advantages:
Clearly increased process safety and automation of the measurement
Cost-savings for investment and operation through simple installation and less labour utilisation
Exact and reliable realtime measurement
Use of sensor technology with presence of Chlorine dioxide, Chlorine and Chlorate without cross sensitivities
- Easy modular process integration of all sensors required for the entire solution via suitable fittings
- Calibration with a method optimised by ProMinent (DPD)
- Control devices with staged capacities adjusted to the requirements
- Also available as panel-mounted complete measuring station, adjusted to the special requirements in waterworks and easy to commission as plug&play module.